EDI - Electronic Data Interchange
Bookstore Electronic Ordering
Current EDI Customers:
If you are currently ordering electronically but have a question or concern, please contact email@example.com and you will be contacted by someone in the EDI Support Group.
To set up EDI ordering:
If you are a new account desiring to establish electronic ordering, consider the following questions and contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing the following:
- Account name and number
- SAN number
- Contact name
- Contact e-mail and/or phone number
You will be contacted by someone in the EDI Support Group.
Questions to consider:
- What kind of in-store system do you use? Some of the choices would be Pubnet, IBID, Wordstock, Anthology, Bookmanager (Canada).
- Will you transmit EDI orders for more than one account?
- Do you have SAN numbers for all accounts set up with RH? What are they?
- SAN means Standard Address Number and is unique to a location. Customer needs to contact Bowker to purchase a SAN number.
- How do you uniquely identify your locations? SAN numbers or store numbers?
- What documents/transactions do you want to exchange?
- Purchase orders
- Purchase order acknowledgements
- Advance ship notices
- E-mail ASN
- Who should we contact about EDI?